Completing the Periodontal Chart
The comprehensive periodontal charting can be accessed by the following steps:
- Choose Find Patient on the Appointment screen, in order to identify the patient which needs the chart update
- Book an appointment within this section
- Navigate to the Treatment section
- Click the Periodontal tab situated below the Patients details
Begin to record the mobility, furcation, mucogingival, recession, and pocket debt details, by entering the applicable numbers.
Other values/percentages to chart
Plaque, Suppuration, and Bleeding are hidden cells that can be recorded by using the first letter of each word. By adding P, S and B to the chart, three different icons will populate on the chart.
- Plaque will appear as a purple circle-
- Suppuration will appear as a yellow diamond icon -
- Bleeding will appear as a red diamond icon -
Simply follow the same steps to record the rest of the periodontal chart. Once the charting has been completed simply select Save to save the chart.
Compare and view previous periodontal recordings
In the future, the periodontal charting can then be compared with other appointments. Appointments on different dates and with different Dentists, Clinicians etc.
The below screenshot displays the use of the filtering function- Appointment, in order to show the previous periodontal charting with the particular Dentist e.g. Monday 6th Feb with Dentist Gerard.
The additional screenshot shows the second filtering option Compare to which allows the user to identify previous recordings. Once the previous date is chosen i.e. Monday 6th Feb, charting for that specific period, populates (in green) alongside the current periodontal charting (in yellow) i.e. Tuesday 7th Feb.
For further information on the Treatment section see the below link: